Donations

Make a donation and you will immediately receive a charitable donation tax receipt.
$8,300 + raised! Thank you!
All third party Canadian donations over $18 are eligible for a full tax receipt.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Dani's in Israel


Here's a recap of the 1st few calls Dani made to her Mum since arriving in Israel.

Her call last week after arriving in Israel (2nd Day );

"It took me more than a day to learn how to use my phone. I am having such a great time, meeting people! we played volleyball in the pool with the Australian girls team, and the boys from England's soccer team came and joined us. It was funny watching them bounce the volleyball off their heads instead of hitting it. I love hearing all the accents, and then you talk to everyone and hear their stories on how they came to be here and it's amazing."

"Going through the airport and customs was different than travelling to Florida. Here they asked me what my Jewish name is, and when I was last at synagogue, and what was the last Jewish Holiday I celebrated and where.  I realized part way through they were just trying to make sure I was Jewish, so I just kept telling them about celebrating Chanukah, and Yom Kippor  with my mom and the shofar and singing in the choir." 

Last night "Mom , I am at the western wall ( tears ) it  is amazing!"

Today : 
Her call was all a out the sassy camels and the visit to the Bedouins  The food, the culture, and the sassy camels and being thrown in the air and caught during the drumming and dances !

They visited the western wall, and she was in tears for all it symbolized to her and our people.

The Dead Sea and how it held her and didn't let her fall when she slipped on a rock. She states her skin feels like that of a new baby's after all it's time in the sea and in the mud .

The cable car ride to Masada and king heroes palaces and the memorial there.

Dani also noted that she rode camels in Florida and they were great and followed command of the trainer, but the camels here at the Bedouin camp were Sassy!  The minute they felt your weight they would stand up before you sat down, and it felt like it wanted me to flip off.  Same when it kneeled down - it did it so fast, I had to lean way back like at a 90 degree angle. But it was fun"

It was ridiculous watching a bunch of us of trying to herd the sheep's and goats at the Bedouin camp! we weren't too organized about it!

I love the meatballs and the rice, and the green sort of coleslaw and oiled tomatoes! I don't know what they were but they were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment